Saturday 11 February 2012

Redesign a luxury packaging

Redesign a luxury packaging : Waitrose’s British Garden Peas


Garden Peas is a common product, which can be easily found in supermarket. However, the price is mostly depended on different levels of supermarket, so there’s some problem surfaced the current packaging of peas: the packaging of Waitrose’s peas seems not luxury enough to match the price. 


Brand Value: Waitrose has the greatest extension capability with 80%, even though it has the smallest market share of the major supermarkets. Besides, Waitrose brand is well positioned in providing a wide range of high-quality and own brand products.


The challenge is to design a luxury packaging of peas, which can be fit in with its price. Considering different elements, which can represent luxury.

I design different visual concepts of peas which are based on luxury. 



At first, I try to create  a repeat luxury pattern as background,although black represent luxury, the surface design did not look like peas packaging. Then I design a transparent window to show peas inside, which can let consumer be more confident about what they bought.


Streamline or curve is one way to show luxury, therefore, I design a streamline pattern with transparent window, also select appropriate colour, black and golden, to make the peas packaging be more luxury.


Also I designed a presentation board for British garden peas:










10 comments:

  1. hi, I am Fong Sai Ki. Before you already join in my Ki amazing world. Thank you so much! I think your design work are good as well. I want to know that where are you come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thank you :) I come from Taiwan, now studying in Birmingham, UK
      I visited your blog, and there're many good works what you did before :D

      Delete
    2. Please, would you mind if we can share our facebook?

      Delete
    3. yep, its ok! I can add u , haha . mine is Phoebe Chen, but there're many people named phoebe lol

      Delete
    4. Perhaps u can give me your facebook account, it is convenience for me to find u.
      Or I give u my account lilygohome@msn.com (This is my msn also)

      Delete
    5. Phoebe, I found you on facebook. Although there are many Phoebe Chen shown up.^^
      You can accept me la, The photo is the same as my blog ^^

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phoebe,
    I like your design!! I will definitely buy those products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay,
      Thank you for your appreciation !

      Delete